Theses operating principles describe our approach regarding quality.
1. We are a worldwide leader in automotive products that enhance comfort and driving experience. Our employees implement the quality principles in their daily work.
2. Efficiency improvements are necessary if we are to utilize our resources economically and make the quality of our products, processes and services future-oriented.
3. Product realization based on market analysis. It is implemented using project management methods. The objective is to achieve the optimum desired customer benefit by integrating the customer into our fields of competence.
4. Customer orientation means understanding the customer, reliably realizing customer expectations and providing customer benefits through our technical knowledge and market understanding. Customer contact provides us feedback about customer satisfaction and performance achieved. Our success in the world market is determined by the recognition that our accomplishments receive.
5. Prevention comes before reaction. This contributes to early fault prevention, increases the attractiveness of our products and services and prevents costs. The “zero defects” goal for daily work means consistent and goal-oriented action in conformity with our motto: Do the right things (quality-consciousness) correctly (cost-efficiency) at the right time (schedule-consciousness).
6. Environmentally-friendly through quality means that every quality improvement also has an effect on the environment. We accomplish this through less waste and weight-reduced, recyclable products with low power consumption and environmentally-benign packaging.
7. Challenging and promoting one another is the basis of success. Our management processes have the goal of promoting the will to achieve and the professional growth of all our employees. We measure the performance of our employees against the requirements for future processes that lead to further qualification. Teamwork is the preferred form of cooperation with employees, suppliers, and customers.
8. Applying the company’s expertise means protecting our knowledge about products and processes, using it in a structured manner and communicating it. Rapid knowledge transfer over networked information systems to those who currently need the expertise will secure Webasto’s international competitive position on the world market.
9. Relationship structure and efficiency in dealing with customers is promoted through active customer contact at the international level and with our local and centralized functional divisions.
10. Cooperation with our partners in the entire supply chain should be long-term and fair. It should secure long-term success for both sides at an above-average level of performance.